PWM Driver Wildcard
High power MOSFET drivers convert logic-level PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signals to high current output with current sensing
The PWM Driver Wildcard, intended for use with the PDQ Board microcontroller and PDQ Screen Controllers, contains eight MOSFET PWM low-side drivers which convert the PDQ Board's Freescale 9S12/HCS12 MCU's logic-level PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) outputs to the high current drive required of solenoids, heaters, coils, lamps, control valves, actuators, motors and other devices.
Key features of this PWM controller board include:
- Uses the PDQ Board's HCS12/9S12 MCU as a PWM generator with programmable frequency and duty cycle;
- 8 channels of 9S12/HCS12 digital PWM outputs are converted to up to 5A current drive for instrumentation or heavy loads;
- Fast PWM switching by open-drain MOSFET transistors as low-side drivers;
- 4 PWM channels have high-side current sensing with 0-5V output and user-configurable gain;
- One or two independent field voltages, each powering 4 channels;
- Field connections to a standard 24-pin header or to solder holes;
- Can be used as a high power PWM amplifier for the PWM outputs of other processors, such as the PIC microcontrollers;
- Applications include DC motor drive with current control, control of valves, heaters, solonoids, and TEC devices (thermoelectric coolers).